12.4.06

Warning: This is a poop story.

Earlier today, I had just finished giving Lila her morning cereal and carrots and was cleaning up. We were just about to walk out the door to meet a friend for lunch and we were actually on time so far. Then I glanced at Lila and noticed that she was making Poop Face. "Okay, no problem," I said out loud. "How long does it take to change a diaper?"

I think Lila took that as a challenge. I checked and she did, in fact, have a poopie diaper, so we headed for the changing table. I got her laid down, socks off, and shirt pulled up to her armpits to avoid getting anything on her clothes. I took off her diaper and in the blink of an eye, she stuck her foot in the poop. [sigh] Okay, now I have her hog-tied, trying to get a wipie under her dirty tushie so I can focus on her dirty foot.

I get that done and as I'm grabbing another wipie to work on her foot with, she starts peeing! This just keeps getting worse! And, on top of that, I ran out of wipes halfway through the clean-up and had to grab some more. Thankfully, I have the back-ups in a convenient location and nothing major happened while I was re-stocking. And the most amazing part is that after we got everyone and everything all cleaned up and put her clothes back on - we still made it to lunch on time!!! :)

No comments: