25.4.05

We're at 24 weeks now. That's about six months - wacky! The baby should weigh just over a pound and is almost a foot long. That's long and skinny! The brain is growing rapidly. Naturally, because the baby is going to be brilliant. Space in my uterus is starting to fill up! And this is disturbing - my uterus has now grown to the size of a soccer ball!

I've been reading about exciting things like being at risk for high blood pressure. I have never had that problem prior to pregnancy and my BP has been nice and low at every prenatal visit, so I'm really not worried about it though. Apparently the worrisome things to look out for are (excessive) swelling in your face and hands because that is a sign of pre-eclampsia (which is not a good thing).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WE MISS YOU IN DALLAS (FERRIS, SEVEN POINTS, ETC.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HOWDY!! I JUST SAW YOUR SONOGRAM AND THE BABY IS JUST PRECIOUS. I ACTUALLY THINK HE/SHE LOOKS A LOT LIKE ME, DON'T YOU??

REMEMBER I WORKED IN OB/GYN FOR 10 YEARS? YES, THERE ARE THINGS THAT CAN GO WRONG, BUT REMEMBER TOO THAT 99% OF ALL PREGNANCIES ARE TOTALLY NORMAL.

TELL BRUCE HAPPY B'DAY FOR ME IF YOU TALK TO HIM. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW SONO POSTED. I LOVE YOU. LINDA K.