11.2.13

Sleepy Time!

First of all, I cannot believe that my baby is starting school in the fall. Seriously. It freaks me out. I got to go and tour a Pre-K class at Veritas this morning, to get an idea of what it will be like. I took a few photos and shared them with Eli when I got home. He's excited about the work, but nervous about the big group things (like recess). I am 0% surprised by this information.

Doug is putting the kids to bed right now and boy do they need sleep! Lila asked if she could have her game time before bed. I told her she could, but only 20 minutes because that's how long it was until they needed to brush teeth. In the following 20 minutes, she dissolved into a fussy, whiny heap at least three times. When 8 o'clock rolled around, and I was finally able to get Lila to turn the game off, Eli and I had this exchange:

Eli: [whining] "I'm tiiired."
Me: "I'm not surprised! It's bedtime. Both of you go brush your teeth, please."
Eli: [instantly hostile] "NO! I'm not dat tired! Just a little bit tired!"

Yeah, obviously.

Lila actually headed right up to brush her teeth. Eli oozed off the couch and up the stairs at the speed of a snail. He might have brushed his teeth by now. Or he might be standing in the bathroom, playing with his toothbrush.

No comments: