12.2.13

Food Waste Confession

I am getting terrible about using up my produce before it can go bad! This is a half-bunch of kale that was supposed to become Kale Chips. Instead, it sat in the fridge until it became dry and crumbly. You totally can't tell from the photo, but I assure you that it was no longer edible.


We also had to throw out some roasted red pepper hummus. We were eating it (that is Lila's favorite flavor), but when you buy food with no preservatives... well, you gotta eat fast! We did make it 2/3 of the way through the cup before it went bad.

And speaking of hummus-- well, I hate to admit this, but I bought bacon-flavored hummus yesterday. Personally, I have no intention of eating it because I don't like bacon all that much. However, I knew that Doug would get a kick out of it.

And a No Waste Rules! victory: We had a dinner of leftovers last night that finished off three different dishes from our fridge! Yay! I wanted to clear things out as much as possible before I cooked again tonight. Now we have a large quantity of Tomato Bisque to work on and boy is it yummy!

No comments: