16.5.05

The baby was mean to me this morning! He/she woke up at 3:30 a.m. and started violently attacking the inside of my body! Feeling the baby move is my favorite part of being pregnant, but this was disturbing!

Anyway, I'm at 27 weeks now and the baby is growing steadily. At least, it would appear that way from out here! Word is that Baby should weigh almost 2 pounds and be about 14.4 inches from head to foot. I'm starting to think and read more about the actual labor and delivery aspect of all this and I gotta say I'm not real excited about it. It's not even so much the pain itself that I fear, but the overwhelming physical trauma and exhuastion!

Apparently the baby is acting more and more like a newborn in there. Opening and closing its eyes. Sleeping and waking at regular intervals. Maybe even sucking its fingers. And it's definitely got the hiccuping thing down. That's only happened a couple of times so far, but it feels so odd!

There is a person living inside my body! How bizarre...

No comments: