13.11.06

Party Weekend

This is the second week in a row that I've gone through most of Monday thinking that it was actually Tuesday. Most people are acutely aware of Mondays, as they are immediately following the weekend and are generally not looked forward to. I, apparently, have no concept of time. I mean, if I stop to think about it, I KNOW that it's Monday. But, at the same time, I keep thinking that Monday was yesterday.

Well, despite my obvious mental issues, we had a wonderful weekend. I already filled you in on my Friday night adventures and I'm still riding high off the fun I had. We had a nice Saturday as well. There was normal activity in the morning - lawn mowing, hair dying, napping, etc. After lunch we went out and did all of Lila's Christmas shopping together. Since she is so young, we took her with us to test her interests.

On Saturday evening, we got to go to a Fantastic Fiesta! Our neighbor, Ophelia, has a gorgeous house. It's a beautiful Mexican hacienda, plopped into the middle of our neighborhood. She has parties there periodically that always sound fun. This weekend, our prayers (for the opportunity to shamelessly drool over her house) were answered when she threw herself a big birthday party and invited us!

There was a Mariachi band, lots of delicious food, lots of alcohol, and lots of fun. The party started at 4 p.m. and we had to leave at 7:30 to get Lila to bed. At 10:45, we could still hear the music playing! The inside of Ophelia's house, as well as her backyard, were even more amazing than the outside! She has an outdoor kitchen in the backyard where she cooked her delicious food... oh, I can't even describe how awesome this house is! I wish I could have taken pictures without being completely tasteless! :o)~

No comments: