5.3.06

Funny Lila tidbits...

Yesterday, Doug, Lila, and I spent some time outside. Doug and I were trimming trees and bushes, etc. Lila got to sit on a couple of blankets in the middle of the yard and play with toys. She was totally diggin' it for awhile. Then she got bored with her toys and started exploring. She discovered that if she pulled on the blanket, she could uncover a veritable cornucopia of fun things - grass, twigs, dead leaves!

She, of course, made this discovery while neither of us was looking at her. So the next time I checked on her, I saw her digging around in the grass and coming up with a twig. When I went to take it away from her, I found a whole stash of little twigs in her lap. It looked like she was trying to build a nest! We watched her for a minute and it was quite funny. She'd fish around until she found something, then pick it up and look at it. She didn't put it in her mouth, just examine it. Then it would go into her lap and she'd start fishing again.

This did, eventually, digress into putting things in her mouth and then we really *really* had to put a stop to it. She was very irritated that I wouldn't let her play in the grass anymore, so she resorted to pulling her hat off and either eating it or tossing it. I was trying to keep the sun off her head, so I kept putting it back on. It was around this time that playing in the yard was no fun anymore... :)

Also, at some point in the past... 72 hours, Lila has discovered her volume control. She has always been a pretty quiet baby, even when she's "talking". But now she has discovered the fun of going, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yippee.

Finally, she was doing very funny things during dinner last night. We went out for Vietnamese noodles - yummy! - and she was at the table with us, in a high chair. I gave her a plastic soup spoon to play with (her third - she'd already dropped the first two onto the dirty floor) and she was merrily chomping on it. Then she put one end of it in her mouth, took away her hands (so that it was dangling from her mouth), and started going, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" I think maybe you just had to be there, but it was VERY funny!

Then she decided that her head was just to heavy to hold up, so she leaned forward and rested her chin on the table. She looked like a little puppy. I was already laughing at her silliness and this just made me laugh more. I was in tears! So then she started giving me this weird look that said, "What's up with you?!?" Which, of course, made me laugh even more.

Ahhh, she's so cute! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what good moms are there for. To let their children know that no matter how silly they get they are still very much loved and appreciated by their parents.

And Grandparents, I might add.