6.3.06

Doug and I got to go on a date Friday night - woohoo! It's funny how I get excited about going out by ourselves, but as soon as we walk out the door I start missing Lila! I usually recover quickly though and I do enjoy our dates. Our dear friend Julie babysat for us this week.

I have tried Persian food several times in the past and never really enjoyed it. However, I decided I'd like to give it one more try on Friday and this time I loved it! I think I had the proper expectations this time - which helped immensely - and I also ordered the right thing. It looked like a grilled doody, but it tasted wonderful! If you live in Austin and are curious, we went to Alborz (on anderson).

After dinner we went to a place called Main Event. It's kind of like Dave & Buster's, only it's much more family-friendly. We randomly bumped into our friends Susan & Andrei and ended up bowling and then playing video games with them. I bowled my worst game *ever*, but it was still lots of fun. Go date night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your experience is exactly why we instigated the "Try It Three Times" rule with our kids. We make them try new foods three times (on different occasions) before they can say they don't like it. It's weird how it works - for me, too! Maddie hated curry the first two times she tried it, then on the third time she loved it. Now, she would eat curry three times a day if she could! For me, it was hummus. I thought the stuff was just nasty - now I love it with a bit of roti... mmmmm...

You'll find this comes in handy when Lila goes through that picky stage that most kids do.