8.2.06

There's a new Peeler in the world! Doug's brother and his wife - Keith and Megan - had their baby girl last night! Her name is Olivia Grace Peeler and she was born at 11:14 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2006. At birth she weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and is 20 3/4 inches long. When I talked to Keith last night he said she's alert and healthy, beautiful and screaming. And he sounded *very* happy. Of course! :)

So, a couple of weeks ago, I planned out all our evening meals for the month of February. I'm loving it! Making the grocery list every week is easier because I know specifically what we'll need. So no making it halfway through the week and thinking, "I could make [fill in the blank], if only I'd bought some..." And there's also no standing around at 6 p.m. trying desperately to receive cooking inspiration from the refrigerator and pantry. They have never been good providers of inspiration!

Our house is now mostly back in order. The noisy fans and dehumidifier are gone and we have new padding under half the carpet in Lila's room. Everything is dry and now we just need to figure out what to do next. The claims adjuster came out on Monday and said he's figuring in the cost of replacing the linoleum in the kitchen because it's curling up along the edge where it got wet. I SO don't mind replacing that stuff because I hate it! We were both very glad to hear that we get to keep our pretty green cabinets! :)

No comments: