14.2.06

[Disclaimer: I do realize that I have an exceptionally easy and happy baby and even her bad days are better than a lot of babies' bad days. However, I'm prone to melodrama.]

Lila and I had a rough day yesterday. My child is *very* social. When we go to visit friends and family, she just eats it up! She'd stay awake and play herself into a frenzy if I didn't intervene and enforce nap times. Whenever we're with family, she gets attention nearly non-stop. Even if no one is holding her at the moment (which is unlikely if we're with grandparents), someone is looking at her and talking to her. And then we come home...

She does not readjust to normal life very easily. For the first day after we come home, she is a pain in the tush! I love her to death, but I was ready to give her away to the first friendly-looking stranger I encountered yesterday! At one point, she wanted me to sit next to her while she played with her toys - I didn't need to play WITH her, but if I tried to walk across the room she became irate.

My other major offense during the day was not maintaining constant eye contact. If I was in the room, but not looking at her, she'd start whining. If I had the audacity to walk out of the room, she's start crying like she'd been abandoned for life. The really frustrating part of things was that she didn't necessarily want to be held either! She wanted attention, but I wasn't cutting it. Basically, she wanted her fan club back. Crazy kid. Sure is a good thing she's cute!

No comments: