28.2.06

I went to MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) on Friday and Lila was in Moppets. We both had a great time! The nursery workers just love Lila because she is so easy-going. This was the first week that I didn't go to check on her sometime during the morning (it's a 3 hour thing), but she did fine. I did get big kisses and hugs when I came to pick her up though. Very sweet!

The speaker for last week was a woman named Rachel Norris (i think). She is a potter and she set up her wheel, etc. and gave us a demonstration. First, she demonstrated how to make a pitcher (she made it look so easy!) and led us through all the steps and why you do them. Then she smashed the pitcher and started over, this time drawing a parallel between pottery-making and the Christian life. It was really good!

I think the best reminder for me was that God makes each of us for a specific purpose. I tend to think of it more like this: God made me this way and now he's trying to figure out what to do with me. But that's not true. God made me this way for a specific purpose! Such an encouraging truth to remember! :)

No comments: