26.2.06

Lila and I went to the UT campus on Thursday to participate in a study at the Children's Research Lab. Lila was really the one who participated - I just brought her there and held her in my lap. They put a hat on her head with a bunch of sensors in it (see photo below). Then they showed her a bunch of pictures of women's faces. They are trying to see what types of faces are most interesting to 6-month-olds or something like that. Anyway, it was fun for both of us!

I'm going to start volunteering in the Gateway Bookstore. Gateway being our church. The bookstore being a store where books are sold. Really, it's not so much a "store" as a section of the coffee shop/hangout area where there are some bookshelves, but you get the idea. Right now we carry about 900 titles (just one or two copies of each), but as the interest grows so will the stock. I'm excited because (1) I like books, (2) I've kind of always wanted to work in a bookstore, (3) I like to serve at the church, and (4) I get a 20% discount on any purchases from the store. I could probably still find the books cheaper on half.com, but I'd rather support the church anyway. My first shift is March 12th. :)

No comments: