19.11.04

I can't believe how many days have slipped by since I posted last! Here's a crazy and amusing story that happened on Tuesday. This has been edited for language:

I was on my second e-Scrabble game with a random girl (one of us posted a game challenge and the other answered and that's how we started playing each other) and I was beating her by... a lot. (i beat her the first game as well, but not by much) She finally got fed up apparently and posted a message asking what scrabble help I was using and played a non-word using all of her tiles on a triple word score (150ish points).

I posted back and told her which site I used and then asked if I should undo her turn or were we pretending that was a real word (i was still winning anyway). She posted a message back on there saying to undo her turn as it was intended to be a joke... like people who use scrabble help sites are jokes. She also sent me the following message:

"Got your message, undo my last turn please and refrain from using dictionaries and other anagram finding devices. It'll make you a better player in the long run. Any moron can cheat and look up words. Motto - Don't be a moron"

My response was as follows:

"or i could just end the game and not be insulted anymore. :) using the help sites is actually making me a better player by increasing my vocabulary and i play other games without the use of it.

sorry it ended this way!"

I later realized that I could also have pointed out that I'm currently playing another game using the help site in which I happen to be losing by a large margin. Anyway, I then went and removed myself from the game. This was her response:

"You stupid c**t...go peel some potatoes you Texas loser!"

First of all, this is the first time anyone's made fun of my last name since I got married. Second, are we still in high school, or what?!? Anyway, I just started laughing when I read it.

Then she started another game! I opened it and this was the post on the chat log:

"Quit being a stupid cheating c**t, unless you can't help it. You must be a Democratic dike lesbian AIDS - ridden slut!"

Ack!

I then sent her a message saying...

"For goodness' sake, if you feel that strongly about it then why on earth are you challenging me to another game? I appreciate the humor of your insults, but decline the invitation to continue receiving them."

...and then removed myself from the latest game (in which she was calling herself Scrabble Goddess and my name was Stupid B***h).

She then sent me another email that said:

"You can get my e-mails, but I can't get yours! I blocked your address, and I'm posting a message in the e-scrabble room for players to avoid you because you're a cheating f*****g c**t!"

Um... first of all, that's fine because I had no intention of sending her any more emails. Also, I could just as easily block her emails, so what did she hope to accomplish? And furthermore, there's no place on the e-scrabble website to post messages like this.

I really expected her to keep harassing me, but thankfully she hasn't emailed again. Whew! Some people take this game way to seriously! And I honestly think she was equally mad that I wouldn't take the bait and start an argument with her! Whatever your opinion of scrabble help sites, this is out of control!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my - your little scrabble friend sounds like quite a dork. Hope you find some nice kids to play with next time. Her "go peel some potatoes" comment was kindof funny but oh so 3rd grade-ish. And sounds like her language was quite rude. I don't like nasty language.
Have a great weekend
-m

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that a handful of people can ruin something that you normally have fun doing. She obviously has some deeper issues that need to be resolved and since it's doubtful you could ever help her, it's better to just let her go on her way. At least you took the high road and didn't "yell back" in any way, shape or form. You certainly can't be called on that.

Does that website have any moderators or anyone who can take complaints, though? She shouldn't be allowed to go on harrassing others if they can do anything about it.

--Sharon