26.3.09

Oh my...

The things coming out of my child's mouth just keep getting better and better. Just a few minutes ago, I was trying to steer Lila toward getting in the bath and she told me she was... I don't now - something that involved the word 'practicing'. I said, "Practicing, eh? Well, what you need to be doing is taking your clothes off, going potty, and getting in the bathtub." Her response:

"Let me tell you what's wrong. I'm riding my tricycle." Here, she holds up a fist and then sticks out her thumb. "I'm not taking off my clothes." She sticks out her index finger. "I'm not going potty." She sticks out her middle finger. "I'm not getting in the bathtub."

It was so funny (but mildly inappropriate) that I nearly fainted, trying to keep the laughter in. I told her that she could have five more minutes and then she would be doing all those things, then ran off into the bathroom so that I could laugh!

Oh dear.

This photo, by the way, is of a picture taken of ME when I was a small child. Seemed appropriate to go along with the story though.

And speaking of things coming out of my children's mouths... Eli has started saying words! So far he says 'all done' (ah-dah!), 'Lila' (lala), and 'night-night' (nuh-nuh). Too. Freakin'. Cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that I wasn't there because I wouldn't have been able to keep from laughing out loud. I was sitting in front of the computer laughing. She is so smart and so beautiful! And she has her mother's mouth. I have no idea where you got it, must have been "the other side". That picture tells it all.

Way to go Eli! I'll have to come back down again soon so I can try to teach him to say Mammaw. They are both so cute! I have gotten so many compliments on the pictures taken after the Baby Dedication. I love chubby little grandbabies!

Mammaw (in case you hadn't figured it out)