28.9.08

All together again

Doug and Lila are back home this evening and, thankfully, both kids are in bed. I felt a bit better today than yesterday, but I'm still pretty icky. (Stupid Evil Ragweed!) Eli had a fever for about 24 hours because of his immunizations, but he's all better now. Lila developed one of her fevers on Thursday afternoon, but that is gone too (though she's still acting sick - i.e., whining a lot).

In an unusual turn of events, I started preparing for school early this week. Usually, I'm preparing at 10 p.m. the night before, which leads to difficulties when I discover that I don't have something I'll need. This time, I read the list of needed supplies early enough in the day that I was able to go out and get some tempera paint (which has been called for every week and i keep having to improvise)!

Now I think I'm going to sit down with a bowl of ice cream and try to ignore the fact that my eyelids feel like sandpaper and my throat is sore and swollen. (hey, if i can't complain on my blog, then where CAN i complain?!?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the whole 10pm and finding out you need a supply and having to improvise.

Becky Laswell said...

Sorry to hear y'all have been sick. Maybe another visit to Dr. Chuy is in order. I love that phrase, by the way. :)