19.10.06

Feeling Feverish

I have got Fall Fever so severely! I love fall. It is easily my favorite time of year because of the cool weather, the family holiday gatherings, the food... I don't know. I can't even quite explain why I love it so much.

Whatever the reason, I get the Fall Fever Bug as soon as October hits. I start wanting to decorate and make crafts and bake things with apples in them. Right now my house is filled with the wonderful scents of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and vanilla. I put a saucepan of water over low heat with these spices thrown in. I'm not actually cooking anything, but it smells that way!

This is why I love Halloween. I don't care about the day itself - I'm not a big candy fan anyway. But I love the excitement! I love to see the kids dressed up and juiced up on sugar. I love the silly decorations of ghosts and bats and pumpkins. And yes, I do like a good scarey movie now and then. Most of the new ones are just gross, but there are some classics that provide as much (or more) unintentional humor as they do surprise and suspense.

I've actually had a bit of trouble going to sleep for the past couple of nights because what I really wanted to do was get up and clean, of all things! Fall also inspires me to make my home all cozy. In the spring, I start wanting to open windows and let the sunlight stream in on my brightly colored walls. In the fall, I want everything about my house to say "warm" (even when it's not really cold outside)!

I don't really know where I'm going with this post. I just felt like talking about Fall because, in case you hadn't figured it out by now: I LOVE FALL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is way to cute! A little Elsie Peeler :o)