26.9.06

The Scary Friend

Poor Lila got mauled by a well-meaning little kid at the library yesterday. When we got to the kids' section of the library, there was a little girl by one of the kiddie sofas, playing with her dolls. As soon as she saw me put Lila down near her, her eyes lit up and she asked, "Can I touch her?" I responded with, "Sure!" I almost wish now that I'd answered differently.

Her name is Hannah and she is five years old. Hannah's handling of Lila was very... enthusiastic. She wanted to walk her around and pick her up and read books to her. Lila was enjoying it part of the time, but I could tell she was also kind of annoyed. Hannah was not good at picking up on Lila's cues about what she did and did not want to do.

It was really kind of cute to watch, but I was very glad when Hannah's mommy came and took her away. Although, I thought we might have to pry her off of Lila with a crowbar because she did not want to leave the baby to go home. Lila even gave her a hug before she left, but Hannah wouldn't let go! Her mother had to say something along the lines of, "I think she's through hugging now." I guess Lila just got a taste of what it would be like if she had an older sibling. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I can understand Lila a bit. I had a "friend" like Hanna when I was little too. Her name was Patricia.

Well, Patricia thought I was the most amazing thing in the world since I had green eyes. She had never seen a girl with tha tkind of eye color and was amazed by it.

She was always talking about me with her mom. One day out of curiosity Patricia's mom decided to meet her daugther's best "friend".

She came to school and when she approached my mom (wih a huge smile in her face) told my mom that she wanted to meet the ALIEN girl from the class her daughter was always talking about at home!

It happened that Patricia my "friend" had thought I was an alien girl because I had green eyes!!! LOL!

My mom laughs everytime she tells this story. The story had a happy ending though. Patricia and I went to be really good friends all the way to middle school and she always wanted to have my eye's color..he.

Your story brought this memory back and I though i might share it.

Love Lila's pics.

Grisel =)