23.1.06

Well, Lila has been getting a little rice cereal after her milk breakfast every morning since Saturday. She's doing quite well. This morning she did decide that she didn't want any, but there was no drama involved. She just kept pushing the spoon away. I kept trying for a few minutes and then poured the rest out. As long as she's still drinking enough milk, I'm not going to push the solids on her!

Okay, I'll mention this now and then try to refrain from yapping about it every day. I've joined a website/mailing list called FlyLady.net. It's a system to get yourself into routines that declutter your house (and life) and help you keep things clean. I am very excited about this because I've been feeling overwhelmed lately by how much needs to be done around the house.

It has you start by shining your sink. Scrub it with a toothbrush and use window cleaner - really make it shine! That's only the first time, from then on you just make sure you give it a little care every day and you have a shiney happy sink to greet you when you enter the kitchen. It's a little thing, but it does give me a sense of accomplishment that keeps me motivated to take the next step! :)

2 comments:

ellenbo said...

oooh, i am so glad you've gotten to enjoy a bit of flylady :-) massive home page, isn't it! great pictures too!

Anonymous said...

yes, a shiny sink is quite fun. :0)

fun pics.
-michele