13.1.06

Lila and I have developed a fun new habit. Since Christmas, we've been going out and swinging in the hammock together. The weather has been unseasonably warm for weeks, so we've been able to do it often. Not every day, but more often than not. This is especially helpful when Lila gets extra fussy or refuses to take a nap. Once we're in the hammock, she's guaranteed to be entranced by her surroundings for at least 15 minutes!

I'll lay on my back (sideways, with my feet off the side so that i can keep us swinging) and she'll be on her tummy on top of me. It's so awesome to watch her hold that head up and soak in all the fascinating new sights with those beautiful blue eyes. She's intrigued by the new sounds too - like dogs barking and the wind in the trees.

During these times I talk to her about everything from what I plan on cooking for dinner to the God who created her and how much He loves her. It's also a great opportunity to be humble and apologize if I've been impatient with her during the day. And sometimes I just lay back and watch her and marvel at what an amazing little person she is... It's a very special time. :)

No comments: