18.1.06

Lila and I were hanging out in the yard a little while ago and she was so content! She was just staring at the trees and sucking on her fingers. After awhile, she took her hand out of her mouth and stuck it up in the air and I just started cracking up. She'd had half her hand in her mouth and it was all slimey and glistening. I can't explain why this was so funny, but it was. I never thought I'd find saliva amusing!

The hammock was a lifesaver for me this afternoon because she's been so fussy! I don't know if I ate something that's making my milk taste funny or what, but she keeps fussing through her meals. Oh well, if that's the case, then it will pass soon.

I love being a mother. Lila is a part of me now that I could never be complete without. I didn't think there was room inside to love two people so much (Doug being the other one)! And to think that fear could have kept me from this joy... I praise God for his plans are perfect and He gives me the strength to take each new step in my life. I hope I remember this the next time I have fear and doubt.

No comments: