19.8.05

Still pregnant. I went to the doctor again yesterday and all still looks fine. The labwork that I had done on Monday all came back normal. Since I'm overdue, they put me on the monitor for 20 minutes to make sure the baby is looking okay (heartrate and movements). The doctor said she looks perfect - she's very happy in there. They also did a very brief ultrasound to check the amount of fluid around the baby.

I guess there's some risk of not having enough fluid for the baby to function properly or something. Anyway, I still have plenty of fluid - enough that the doctor was shocked. She said if my water did break in public, people would be disturbed. :o)~ I escaped without a physical exam, so I don't know if I'm any more dilated, but that's fine with me.

They did send me for more bloodwork again though because my blood pressure was still a bit high and there was a trace of protein in my urine (if that means anything to you). I'm also still on "modified bed rest". At the very least, I will have this baby on Tuesday. That's the day my doctor scheduled me for induction. Please pray that I will go into labor on my own though - I really don't want to be induced!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping she decides to come tomorrow. That way I'll be able to come down without missing any work. Greg has predicted it will be either today or tomorrow.