15.8.05

My due date was Saturday. I am still pregnant.

There are going to be some very tired and cranky people in our neighborhood today. At about 11 p.m. last night, a bunch of trucks and heavy machinery appeared on our street, almost directly in front of our house. They proceeded to turn off the water and start making a *lot* of noise. Since when is it normal for the city to do work on the water system in the middle of the night?!?

They were at it ALL night long. I woke up at 4:30ish and could still hear these loud booming/banging noises. I don't know what they were doing, but they were gone by the time I got up. The only reason it didn't really bother us is because we have a fan and a humidifier going in our bedroom and we hear nothing we don't want to. I feel so bad for the folks around us though - especially those with bedrooms closer to the ruckus. Crazy...

No comments: