26.1.04

Well, the best way to describe how I feel today is, "bleck!" I've been sick for the past couple of days. Pretty sure it's "just" allergies, but that's still not fun.

My new favorite comic strip is "Get Fuzzy" by Darby Conley. If you've never heard of it (it's carried in the dallas paper, but not austin), check out www.comics.com. This actually takes you to the comics.com page, but you can select "Get Fuzzy" from the "Select a Feature" dropdown menu. It's a really funny strip!

Have any of you every tried to kill vincas (periwinkles)? I planted some several months ago and spent all summer trying to keep them alive. They're supposedly really hardy and everything, but they were pitiful, shrively little things. So, sometime in the fall, I stopped watering them and started waiting for them to die. We're going to till and work on that part of the yard anyway. Well, now the silly things won't die! They haven't been watered by me in months and they've been through several unprotected freezes and they're still going! Until this last freeze, they looked better than they did when I was trying to keep them alive! What's up with that!?!

No comments: