28.3.13

Oh the possibilities...

I'm tired and I don't even want to be looking at this computer screen, but it's been over a week since I posted an update. I don't want to get lazy about it and suddenly realize it's been three months since I wrote anything. It shouldn't matter, since I do this mostly for myself, but I feel guilt anyway. For one thing, this blog is the closest thing to a "baby book" that I've ever kept for the kids. When I'm faithful at updating it regularly, it's even better than a baby book. I'm still kicking myself for letting it sit, untouched for almost two years!

Anyway, in case I haven't mentioned it recently, I'm still freaking out about Eli starting pre-kindergarten in the fall. I'm no longer worried about him being ready. I think he'll have his struggles, but he's going to love it, overall. I'm more worried about ME not being ready. I joked recently that I should probably not go out in public on the first day of school or I might end up snatching the first infant I see. Then again, if I stay home all day, I might end up putting Gypsy in a tiny dress and trying to pass her off as my child.

How is my baby turning 5 years old?!?

I'm trying to get excited about all the things I'll have time to do. Things like... umm... you know... uhh... Oh! I could join BSF again! That might be a really good idea, actually! And Irene and I have talked about having lunch every week (or at least every other week). I could have a weekly mom date! Focused and uninterrupted conversations are a rare treat, particularly while it's still light outside. As long as I don't start watching daytime soaps and talk shows all day, I think I'll be okay.

No comments: