18.3.13

Spring Break

We spent most of the past week out of town and it was so busy and (at times) stressful that I never even thought about my blog! Briefly...

Doug had his vasectomy and "recovered" by purchasing a new toy for himself.

We took Irene out for breakfast on her birthday and discovered a great new GF restaurant in the process.

We went to Tuesday Morning to exchange some towels and I got my first new purse in years (because the old one was starting to fall apart).

We drove to Dallas and stayed with the Keith Peelers for a few days.

The kids had tons of fun and only one person ended up with a lasting injury (that would be Lila, with a Beyblade to the forehead).

I fell in love with a quirky little guinea pig and then felt very sad when I couldn't buy her (skin irritation - they couldn't sell her until it cleared up).

We went to the Perot Science and Nature Museum, which was... a science and nature museum.

We had dinner at Iron Cactus downtown where we dared to put all the children at one table and the adults at another.

Actually, I guess Lila's forehead bruise was not the only injury. Eli slipped and bruised his ribs pretty hard on a big rock outside the restaurant.

We went to the Dallas Zoo - the highlights being the lions that were laying around like giant housecats and the koalas that Eli found so cute that he started squealing.

We had an ice cream date with an old friend who I hadn't seen in WAY too long.

We transferred to my dad's house where we spent the next three nights (this was the stressful part).

We worked together with my step-mother to determine that the doctors were giving Daddy too much Xanax.

He got a lower dose of the medication and his lucidity and personality quickly improved.

We had a Merry Easter Christmas celebration with my mom.

I went with Daddy and Susan to meet a naturopathic doctor and I'm really hoping they will both decide to see her regularly.

Personally, I liked the doctor (kate naumes - if you're in the dallas area, look her up) so much that I want to find a good naturopath in Austin for our own little family.

We drove back home to Austin where my puffy-headed husband got a haircut and I bought a guinea pig.

I have named my little piggy Gypsy and I'm working hard to gain her trust.

We had dinner with Doug's parents and their good friend from Rhode Island.

And then today... life as normal. There was school for Lila, work for Doug, and a work-out and trip to the grocery store for Eli and myself.

Whew!

No comments: