6.12.12

Food Waste Confession

Dead Orange

Dead Cilantro

Dead Cucumber

Dead Parsley

*sigh*
 
On the plus side, I made two very sizable dishes recently and we ate each one for multiple lunches and dinners until they were gone. No Waste Rules! We still have some buttermilk and leftover pumpkin puree that need to be used before they go bad. Those pumpkin pancakes that Doug promised me haven't materialized yet. Ooh, maybe he could use them to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Tonight I made an arrabbiata pasta sauce that should be good for a few meals. Yum!
 
Also, I think we might make it through our current bunch of cilantro before it goes slimy! The recipe it went with only called for cilantro as a garnish. I used it as such and then chopped the whole bunch and put it in a storage container. I have been adding some to our salad every night since then. I don't know why I didn't think of this before! Cilantro is right up there with hummus in my list of most-loved foods and it's a great addition to salad!
 
FoodWasteFriday

No comments: