7.12.12

Doodles

This was, overall, a lovely day! We wrapped up the week's school work in about an hour and a half, which left most of the day for fun (and housework). The weather was gorgeous (for April) and the kids spent most of the day playing with doodle bugs in the back yard. They don't know it yet, but they are getting little Doodle Bug Playgrounds for Christmas. They are always trying to bring their little friends into the house. With these, I will let them!

We ate at a new-to-us restaurant tonight (Corazon at Castle Hill) and it was very tasty! They use El Milagro corn tortillas, which were better than any others we've had. The queso fundido had a delightful, smoked-cheese flavor to it. The butternut squash soup I had was simply wonderful. And they honored our Groupon, even though it expired a week ago. Bonus!

The bad news: I think there was some gluten slipped in there somewhere. Everything I ordered was supposed to be gluten-free, but I started feeling decidedly crummy about halfway through the meal. It was either the tortillas or the queso. It's only 8:15, but I'm already thinking of going to sleep. The only thing holding me back is my reluctance to give up the one night of the week when I don't feel too bad about staying up late because I know I don't have to get up as early in the morning!

I will leave you with a photo of the garlic clove that tickled my junior-high funny bone last night.

 
The end.
 
*snicker*

No comments: