17.11.08

The World of Lila (and a bit about me) (and a bit about Eli)

My daughter totally just taunted me. She was in the bathtub, clean and playing. I had a timer set to remind me to get her out in 7 minutes. In the meantime, I was at my computer, trying to read something. In the background, she starts yelling at me from halfway across the house, "HEY!... Mommy!... Come here!" It was very difficult to concentrate with this going on in the background, but I wanted to finish what I was reading!

I started hollering back, in response, "Just a minute.... Just a minute!... Just a minute!"

She finally replied, "Come here, Just-a-Minute Girl!"

I kid you not, those were her exact words. She also, a few nights ago, said the following to Doug: "I don't like the fact that you're doing your email." Those exact words. She frightens me sometimes.

Anyway... I was sick on Friday and Saturday, but I'm feeling mostly fine now. I'm still doing a lot of throat clearing and a little bit of coughing and my voice has, over the course of the day, gone from somewhat raspy to cutting in and out like a cell phone with bad reception. I feel fine though!

Eli has a double ear infection that turned him into a raving lunatic for the last half of last week, but he's feeling better too. He still sounds like a piglet because his nose is all congested, but he's sleeping much better and not crying inconsolably until I develop a twitch anymore. He's still on antibiotics, but back to his smiley self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You (and I) were both very lucky because you had very few ear infections, if any. You had more tummy troubles than anything. You were a pretty gassy baby, if you'll pardon my saying so.

Mom