23.11.08

Update

Lila, Eli, and I went to a rescue ranch yesterday with some other friends and their kids. We chose this particular place because they have one male turkey [see photo] and I wanted Lila to see one. She claims that seeing the "big ol' turkey" was her favorite part, but I disagree. She was completely infatuated with the baby guinea pigs they had and spent a long time picking each one up and talking to them.

Eli, who I haven't mentioned much lately, is doing wonderfully. He gets really excited before bed and that's the best time to get chuckles out of him. His neck and ribs are ticklish, of course, and nibbling an ear is often a good way to make him laugh too. The funny part is that, for me at least, he seems to be ticklish only on his right ear, not his left.

Oh, and let me not forget our real news. Doug is leaving Dell!!! They recently offered up a Voluntary Separation Package to those who were interested and we were. After much discussion and prayer, we decided to go for it and they accepted Doug's request. His last day is December 2nd and, truly, only God knows what will happen after that. Whatever happens, I believe it will be very exciting!

3 comments:

john & ellen said...

oh
my
goodness!
huge changes for the peeler fam!
-ellen

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying that everything works out for the best! If you need someone there for comfort and support while this is all going on feel free to call on your mother to come live with you. I'm sure she won't mind a bit.

Anonymous said...

Wow, we'll be praying for you!