13.4.04

Birds are so pretty to look at! Unfortunately, it seems that most are... not so intelligent. For several months now, we've had doves flying into our sliding glass door on a regular basis. Like, more than once per week at some points. Well, today it got nasty. One of them flew into the door so hard that it died! I was extremely traumatized! I called Doug in tears and he was sweet enough to come home and take care of it for me. I wouldn't have asked him to do that, but since he volunteered...

I guess I'm going to have to move our birdfeeder so that it's in front of one of the windows that has screens. We could put a screen on the sliding glass door, but it cuts out a lot of sunlight and I enjoy having such a large, unobstructed view of the backyard and its unintelligent wildlife. I could also attach some flash tape to the door (reflective and scares birds away), but that might scare them away from the feeder as well. The only other option would be bird netting, but it would be a major annoyance to have our patio half netted off! So... I'll move the feeder.

Darn birds! It's only the doves! The pretty cardinals don't do that! The doves also like to bully the other birds and hog the feeder. Grrr...

No comments: