12.5.14

Miracle

Oh. My. Goodness.

A miracle has just occurred in my house.

Eli ate dinner.

I mean it - really! He ate dinner!

As a birthday gift, I got him a Dinner Winner plate. It turns eating into a game with a little hidden surprise at the end... and it worked! I filled the spaces with a couple of chunks of hamburger bun, several peanuts, a couple of small bites of apple, a lettuce leaf topped with chocolate almond butter, and a bit of black bean burger.


Hidden in the Finish space was a small chocolate, but we didn't tell him what was in there. He had to make it to the end to find out. He ate every bit of the food. With out a bit of complaining or stalling or gagging.

I'm still in shock.

This is the child who would rather go to bed with no dinner, than eat something that isn't bread. Doug reminded me that we should assume it will never happen again, but I can't help being hopeful! Eli even asked if we could use the Dinner Winner plate every night!

Praise God!

- - - - -

Unrelated, except that it's on the topic of food, I have a couple of recommendations for my gluten-free peeps.

1. Chisos Grill in the Hill Country Galleria - We ate at this place for Mother's Day lunch and it was amazing! Not only do they have an extensive gluten-free menu (including fried fish, if you're into that kind of thing), but everything that we ordered was incredibly tasty!

2. Omission Beer - I was just learning to like beer before I found out I was gluten intolerant. After my switch to gluten-free living, I tried Redbridge beer and I didn't really like it. I've heard some recommendations for Omission, so I tried their pale ale. It's quite good!

No comments: