25.11.03

I don't know how many of you are like me, but I tend to get extra stressed around the holidays. Even if nothing has changed in my schedule, I suddenly feel like I have *so* much going on and it's kind of overwhelming. I don't know if it's the prospect of all the driving between and within cities that will take place or if it's thinking of the millions of family members I'll see or what. My threshold for stress just decreases.

But you know, God has given me a large family and He has given me many responsibilities. And if God calls me to a task, He will give me the strength to do it! So, I may find the holidays extra stressful, but I can have faith that God will give me an extra measure of peace and patience to handle all the activity. Cool, huh? Check out the story of Elijah in the Bible (1 kings 17-19, 21). It's one of the many stories that's helpful for understanding God.

No comments: